Chile: Hortifrut’s profits rise 15% during 2015
December 29, 2015

Chile-headquartered Hortifrut saw its year-on-year EBITDA rise 15% to US$34 million during the first nine months of 2015, thanks in part to the strong performance of organic farms in the country’s southern regions.assorted-berries_1111404-small

The positive results were also attributed to good returns from the organization’s international subsidiaries.

Hortifrut said its sales rose 3.3% from January to September year-on-year, reaching US$231.6 million. The increase can be explained by a 7.8% rise in volumes, offset by average per-kilo returns dropping 4.1%.

Sales of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries represented 91% of revenues, with value added products making up the remaining 9%.

Hortifrut also invested US$13 million during the period, mainly on maintaining pre-existing investments and new orchards, as well as increased participation in its subsidiaries and investment in infrastructure.



Source: Fresh Fruit Portal