In a recent study, researchers found that a positive attitude toward healthy eating is associated with a healthier diet that includes more servings of fruits and vegetables. The study found that, compared to consumers with a neutral or negative attitude:
• the daily intake of fruits and vegetables is about 1.13 servings higher among those with a somewhat positive attitude; and
• 2.25 servings higher among those with a highly positive attitude.
So what does this mean for the USHBC? The findings indicate that the Council needs to motivate consumers in a way that makes them feel positive about their diet and making healthier choices. In 2016, the Blueberry Council is:
• Partnering with hundreds of health professionals to position blueberries as a simple and smart addition to meals
• Providing dietitians with research, materials and recipes to create positive attitudes among their clients about adding more blueberries to their diets
• Debuting a revamped Retail Dietician Toolkit with updated research, materials and recipes for health professionals to share with their clients
• Helping consumers make “Little Changes” for a healthier lifestyle
These findings will continue to drive our promotional strategy as new research becomes available in 2016. Visit RidetheBlueWave.com often for details on our promotional successes.