The South African Berry Producers Association is the organization charged with representing the interests of Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries and the various geographical regions in which they are produced.
The objectives of the SABPA:
- To ensure an economically viable and sustainable berry industry via coordinated joint actions as agreed from time to time.
- To establish uniform grading regulations for berries produced in South Africa.
- To liaise with other berry groups locally and internationally to exchange information of mutual benefit.
- To look at ways of promoting sales and consumption of berries on the local and export markets.
- To facilitate relevant research in the berry industry.
- To liaise with the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, other government departments and industry stakeholders.
- To collect and share relevant industry information.
The association is represented by its chairperson, Trevor Mckenzie.